The best known and still most common speed measurement method is certainly using a radar trap. But there are also other measurement methods that are not carried out using radar. It is therefore worth finding out in advance to avoid disappointment with the scope of protection.
Because other measurement methods, such as low power radar (MRCD, MRCT, GATSO), lasers or passive measurements via ESO (single-sided sensor) or section control are now also frequently used in Europe. Some of these new measurement methods can be detected with good mobile radar detectors. With the passive methods, if they are used mobile, it becomes more difficult. That is why we offer our complete packages for perfect all-round protection.
If you have read how radar detectors work – then you know which radar warning options are possible and which are not. You also know that a 70%-90% protection from speed cameras and speeding fines can be achieved with a radar detector and can save a lot of money in the future.
How to define the best radar detector from the technical side? Most important features:
Radar detector devices (windshield and custom install radar detectors) offer depending upon price range the following most important technical differences to consider:
- Radar detection performance and sensitivity (to check: radar antenna sensitivity & sensor size)
- More precise radar frequency setting for more accurate results (to check: frequency setting options)
- Low Power Radar Reception of latest generation (to check: MRCD MRCT GATSO detection)
- False alarm filters such as radar based assistance systems in vehicles (to check: filter options/false alert performance)
- GPS technology for speed dependent alarms and fixed speed cameras (to check: GPS options and POI Database)
- Laser detection – is 360° laser detection on board? (read: why laser can not be detected as good as radar)
- Radar detector reliability, support & updates (check: how good is the product support and POI Database)
What are currently the best radar detectors devices for Europe?
In order to give the right answer please check our big overview and radar detectors compare before buy a radar detector. Don´t hesitate also to contact us if you need help. For a perfect experience please send us Details of your car, model, year and our team will send a perfect equipment and configuration proposal and will explain in order to get the perfect protection you wish – for free.
The biggest difference between radar and laser: laser, unlike radar, is not permanently emitted and therefore cannot be detected in time. The automated laser measuring systems have a working range, i.e. a distance between 25-75m from which they become active and can only be detected then. In addition a laser measurement usually takes a fraction of a second. And last but not least: the laser beam itself is very thin and can only be detected if it hits the sensor to be detected.
These are all factors why even the best portable radar detectors usually cannot help optimally.
Laser Jammer: That’s why there are the installation laser systems. Not only do they detect lasers much more effectively, but they are also able to stop laser measurement. See also our radar detectors installation videos on our radar-shop.com or our radar-shop youtube channel.